Monday 28 January 2013

Step By Step Magazine Cover


I decided to quickly produce a mock magazine cover in a few simple steps, so as to get an idea of what I could do within a certain amount of time. I think that this cover looks quite good due to its minimal layout and fits in with the genre of music that I am focusing on, although given more time, there are certainly things I would do differently. I like the masthead font and colour, although I think it should possibly be a little bigger, as this will attract the reader's attention more. The date and issue number are placed and sized accordingly, in my opinion, and the font works well. The header, however, is positioned at a strange angle, and the sub header is barely visible due to choice of colour, although it  was an attempt at incorporating a black, white and purple palette. I think the barcode and the price have been constructed okay, and the image itself is striking and eye-catching.

No comments:

Post a Comment