Saturday 16 March 2013

Double Page Spread

 

I didn't have a set design or layout in mind for my double page spread, but I knew I wanted to carry on using the typewriter font, as the creators of punk fanzines in the 80's would have used a typewriter rather than a computer and a keyboard to type out articles as these were cheaper. I split the article into two halves and placed them in separate text boxes. I positioned them spontaneously on the page to begin with, but I knew they shouldn't be positioned in a conventional collumn layout, and so left them where they were as I thought it worked well - I didn't want them on the same level as each other, either, as this would look to cleanly done. I picked out a quote for the title of the article and drew it on using the Bamboo Pen table, which is running across the top of both of the pages. In a separate document, I then cut out the images, cropping three photos so that each model was in a layer of their own. I added the 'threshold' effect to each of these, once again, but saved them as three images this time so I could move them around the pages. I positioned them in the centre to fill the gaps in between the two text boxes, and added some rectangular shapes above and below which I filled in black, intended to place text over the top. I then thought that it looked a bit too pristine, and so I used the Bamboo Pen tablet to draw something like ink splatters. Finally, I added page numbers to the bottom, and pulled out some more quotes from the article and placed them over the black shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment