Sunday 3 March 2013

Magazine Inspiration (Fanzines)

As I have based my second draft cover on the punk fanzine, Sniffin' Glue, and I feel that it worked well, I have decided to research into some other fanzines of the same kind and base my final product on this style, whilst incorporating both 80's punk and bands featuring in magazines such as Kerrang!, so as to find a middle ground and appeal to a modern audience whilst bringing back an edgier style; instead of creating a magazine similar to Ray Gun, which was my first intention, as I think this will be easier to construct and will best fit my chosen genre. As these old fanzines were very cheap, I will most likely change certain details of my magazine such as lowering the price and number of pages per issue, although the bands which will feature will bring the magazine up to date, and as it won't be handmade, this will enable the price to sit nicely inbetween the typical 20/30p that these fanzines were sold for and the current magazine prices around today.
These images are from fanzines which I can draw inspiration from:

  Sunday Mirra:

 


Ripped & Torn:

 

Image:Ripped&Torn.jpg 

 

Chainsaw:
 

 

 

British Underground:

 



More here.

No comments:

Post a Comment